Sunday, August 5, 2012

JDev/ADF sample - Resolving Invalid ADF BC Library Import in JDeveloper 11g R2

  • Resolving Invalid ADF BC Library Import in JDeveloper 11g R2. This week I came across ADF BC library import problem onsite. ADF BC library was very large, around 1000 EO's. EO's were not visible through JDeveloper wizard from consuming project after import. At first I was this is related to library size - too many ADF BC objects, JDeveloper fails to list them through ADF library import. But this proved to be false assumption, when I tested with smaller library. At the end I found there was duplicate definition for EO package path inside consuming project, it was duplicate to the one from ADF library. This was a reason why JDeveloper wizard was not resolving imported ADF BC. I will describe this case in a bit more detail, I believe this might be helpful (JDeveloper version - 11g R2 (11.1.2.x)).
    Download - adflibimport.zip

No comments: